Protected: Jodey’s Atlanta Trip (Hellanta)
(Brian’s Note: This was posted by my co-worker, Jodey.)
Did you say Atlanta??? I think you meant “Hellanta”. I am in a hotel right smack in the middle of the Atlanta Underground (aka in da’ ghetto)… if you have never been here (this is my first time) it is aweful!!! There are bums lying all
over the sidewalks right outside my hotel and along the streets.
It costs me $11 a day to park and the air in my hotel room doesn’t work.
To make things even more grand, I was stuck in the hotel elevator for 30 mins
yesterday and this morning I saw a homeless man with dementia get in a fight with the ATL PD.
Here is a quick list of my happenings:
1. I got here Sunday night around 11pm local. Let’s just say midnight in the southwest portion of downtown Atlanta is not nice. (note: do not stop for red
lights, take the risk of ticket). Plus the asian kid on the street corner IS NOT selling fortune cookies.
2. Upon arrival in the $11 a day parking deck I one shoe came off do to sticking to the floor of the elevator (probably due to the extreme amount of human waste and spilled booze on the floor).
3. Hotel has no internet access. Tried to move to Nicer hotel for a cheaper rate and the HoJo said that they would charge me $600 for cancelling a weeks
booking. So I had to stay in the ghetto and my mother cried.
4. They are doing midnight construction work on a MARTA facility right outside my room from 12am-4am. Jackhammers and dump trucks included. However,
Jimmy Hoffas body relocation could be a possibility.
5. Stuck in HoJo elevator on 11th floor for 30mins. The alarm and call buttons did not work. We also could not get a cell reception to call anyone. When it finally went up the guy with me got off on 13 and I was going to 14. His statement to me was this, “stomp three times real loud if you don’t make it.”
6. Saw a bum dressed as captain kangaroo get in an argument with the ATL PD and the law one. He crossed the street in front of the “bad boyz” cruiser and they got out. Let’s just put it in Ralph’s words; the bum “Toted an a$$ whoopin”.
7. Watched a man bath in the public fountain using a gallon water jug as a shower head. I was wondering why the reflecting pools had that oil spill rainbow look, now I know.
8. There are approximately 4 million pigeons in Atlanta. Approximately 3.7 million live on the ledge outside my room window.
Oh yeah — There is also a guy in my class that invented Unix and has been in IT and Telecom since before I was born. Every major company in the US wants to hire him and he drives a volvo.
With that said — This guy is one the most anoying humans on the face of the planet.